R&D Cybersecurity EngineerApply Job ID TR_1504431 Location Spain, Sant Cugat del Valle Date posted 10/14/2016
Primary responsibility is that of liaison between centralized Cyber Security Team and local lab management and responsible for Cyber Security of local network.
Researches, designs, develops operates and maintains support services for existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions through integration of technical and business requirements per standard HP IT process methodology (such as ITIL and ITSM). Includes identification, development and prioritization of support services according to business criticality. Applications and information systems solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of business requirements
- Configuration of 3rd party software implementation of infrastructure solutions
- Creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, and support and maintenance of infrastructure and information systems
- Participates in architecture reviews to ensure that solutions comply with standards and uses approved technologies. Typical customers is Research and Development.
- Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process.
- May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and server / web related applications).
- Strong experience with business IT applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship management, HR, finance).
- Experience in scripting and / or programming language.
- Experience with implementation, problem analysis and solutioning of infrastructure and business application environments.
- Foundational knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Ability to handle most unique situations.
Specific skillset would include:
- Understanding of network infrastructure components including firewalls, IPS units and other security devices.
The following knowledge will be a plus:
- Specific knowledge of CheckPoint and Fortinet firewalls and Tippingpoint IPS
- CISSP, CISM, CISA certifications
- IP Data network knowledge, IPv6