Hardware EngineerApply Job ID TR_1503423 Location Oregon, Corvallis Date posted 10/25/2016
HP is the world's largest provider of information technology infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to individuals and organizations of all sizes. Ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
At HP, we live for the big idea, the next great discovery. "Invent" is more than a word: it’s who we are. Our innovations in the key strategic areas of Big Data, Cloud, Mobility, and Security help shape the technology industry. Everything we do, we do to make technology more practical, usable, and valuable to our customers. Are you ready to give your career the boost it deserves?
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
As an Electrical Hardware Engineer you will enjoy being part of a global community of top engineers, who are at the heart of the company’s innovative technology infrastructure products. You will have the opportunity to work on analyzing, designing, modifying, and evaluating electrical and electronic parts, components, sub-systems, algorithms, or integrated circuitry for electrical and electronic equipment and other hardware systems. You will also take part in conducting feasibility, design margin and validation analysis, and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Collaborating across engineering teams, you will get engaged in architecture development and assessment. Aligning with the company’s technical career path, the company offers you both vertical and horizontal growth in engineering, IT, and services.
· Design portions of engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements
· Implement established test plans to verify requirements compliance and/or resolve product integration issues
· Participate as a member of a project team with other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost-effective and high quality solutions for low-to-moderately complex products
· Prepare reports and write technical documentation
· Bachelor’s degree (completed prior to start date) in electrical engineering, physics, computer engineering, or related fields
· Knowledge about the development of electronic and electrical system requirements
· Experience with and/or knowledge of electrical design tools and software packages, FPGA tools and flows, RTL, and Verilog
· Knowledge of low-level and system-level programming languages such as Assembly, C,C++, and experience with, or exposure to, device driver development
· Design knowledge of electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms
· Knowledge of the thermal and electromagnetic properties of materials and managing emissions
· Experience and/or strong knowledge of electronics packaging
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Passion for technology
· Eager, quick learner with strong team-work spirit
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills
· Leadership experience at university and/or participation in extracurricular activities in student organizations and and/or community service
· Prior internship experience