Java DeveloperApply Job ID TR_1505621 Location Karnataka, Bangalore Date posted 11/16/2016
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and
invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D Printing
- Multi-function Printing
- Ink in the office
- Tablets, Phablets, Notebooks
- Mobile Workstations
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create!
Within HP, the Product and Service Operations IT (PSO IT) are responsible for the development, integration and implementation of the IT systems and services that are consumed by HP’s Supply Chain, Channel and Repair partners to support HP's products and Customers in the marketplace. The organization operates at a global scale and what we do matters to HP’s employees, partners and customers.
Our team is looking for a technically experienced Java/J2EE expert with sound knowledge in application design and development. Person must be an enthusiastic professional with good interpersonal skills. We are looking for a team player and leader, with strong technical knowledge, process, analytical, and communication skills, who is confident operating in a cross-cultural and geographically dispersed environment. Someone who thrives in an atmosphere which is challenging, requires flexibility and presents new learning opportunities.
If you are our Java Software Developer in India/Bangalore, you will have a chance to
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing, developing enhancing and updating Integration and Automation solutions and services
- Participate as a member of and lead development teams
- Perform analysis of complex functional and business requirements
- Prepares code, complete code to implement solutions, and designs solutions for others to code
- May demonstrates technical leadership, and exert influence outside of immediate team, often in cross-functional teams
- May provide mentoring and guidance to other developers
- Designs, prepares and execute Unit tests
- Represent team to client/business partners and customers
- Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Apply HP and 3rd party technologies and lead design of highly complex infrastructure and software solutions.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for HP and customers.
- Provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects and provide technical leadership of assigned projects.
- Working closely with other development teams, QA teams, and project management teams and contributing to the overall
success of the project.
- Performing design and development of Web applications
- Designing the Service Oriented Architecture and implementing Web services
- May work on design of the database schema and creating PL/SQL stored procedures
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in a technical scientific discipline (such as: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems) or engineering diploma or other degree/diploma with major/emphasis in IT, with combined work experience (typically 5-8 years of experience).
- Core Java, J2EE, Webservices, Spring, Hibernate, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Java Script (Primary skills)
- Exposure to EJB and JMS
- Working knowledge on Hudson/Jenkins CI
- Working knowledge on WebLogic, Apache Tomcat
- Exposure to UNIX, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of SOA with experience in developing SOAP or REST based Web services
- Working knowledge of XML. XSLT and HTTP/HTTPS protocols
- Exposure to IT Project Management and formal Software Development Lifecycle
- Exposure to Oracle, PL/SQL
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems
- Working experience in designing and developing IT solutions on complex and large scale projects