Job Location: Boise, ID
Job ID: 1486875
This Expert Software Development Engineer position is within Hewlett-Packard’s LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions Common Firmware Lab. This lab develops embedded FW & SW for all HP Future-Smart based Enterprise & SMB LaserJet & Inkjet printers, multi-function printers, and digital senders.
As an Expert Software Development Engineer you will be a leading contributor on a development team. You will lead and mentor other development engineers and direct the quality and delivery of new development. You will analyze, design, program, test and debug software to assist with a variety of areas. You will also assist with the scoping of software tasks and resource requirements. You will be working in a fast-paced, agile, and highly collaborative team environment where you can push your skills and ideas to the limit to build and qualify superior printing products.
In the Core Firmware Lab we value people and technology. Staying on top of the latest technology trends and solutions is crucial to the organization's success as we are designing for a future where the landscape is constantly changing. The Lab is a fun, dynamic, fast-paced environment full of talented designers, engineers, and managers who all collaborate quickly and fluidly.
• Leads complex technical design and execution for a firmware component
• Mentor’s technical career path individuals
• Domain expert, contact point for Customer escalations
• Resolves design and automation conflicts with cross-functional influence
• Lead Code health and quality design and execution for a firmware component
• Develop and maintain a scalable code and infrastructure
• Collaborate and build relationships with SW/FW architects, developers, & test engineers to ensure ease of qualification (as well as quality) is built into all code
• Champion test-driven development and continuous integration in an agile environment
• Communicate effectively with cross-functional organizations
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
• Minimum 6+ years experience in FW/SW industry
Knowledge and Skills
• 5+ years developing test driven code within an Agile process
• Ability to work well as a leader within your own team and external teams
• Hands-on experience with C#, C++, Windows-CE/XP, Linux preferred, .NET a bonus
• Strong CS fundamentals including strong object oriented architecture design skills
• Experience designing and developing software systems design tools and languages
• Experience in overall architecture of FW/SW systems, products, or solutions
• Experience in developing FW/SW test methodologies, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
• Fluency in English
Job - Engineering
Primary Location - United States-Idaho-Boise
Schedule - Full-time
Shift - Day Job
Travel - No
Job Posting - Mar 14, 2016
EEO Tagline HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities
In an Engineering job at HP, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, or processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, consider these Engineering job opportunities, and join us at HP.
Standards of business conduct (SBC):
The HP Standards of Business Conduct (SBC) embody the fundamental principles that govern our ethical and legal obligations to HP. They pertain not only to our conduct within the company but also to conduct involving our customers, channel partners, suppliers and competitors.
Read more about how we win the right way.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
HP provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
HP is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
Sign up for updates
Want more jobs like this? Sign up to receive job alerts.To add more than one keyword, simply enter the keywords separating each with a space.